SGS in New Zealand
SGS New Zealand Limited is the New Zealand affiliate of SGS S.A. and a member of the SGS Group.
We have been operating in New Zealand since 1968 and employ approximately 800 people throughout the country. Today, we are the country’s leading provider of inspection, certification, testing and verification services. Our head office is located in Auckland, and we have over 25 sites (comprising laboratories and offices) situated from Invercargill in the South, to Ruakaka in the North, which enables us to serve the entire country.
We provide a wide range of services across a broad spectrum of industries:
- Oil and gas exploration and logistics, and chemicals processing
- Ports, marine assets and vessel certification
- Electricity generation
- Construction and heavy engineering
- Inspections of plant, components, equipment, structures and buildings, and analysis of turbines, pumps and electric motors
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and food production
- Natural fibre production and processing
The eight businesses we operate in New Zealand are:
- Industrial valve engineering
- Industrial non-destructive testing and materials services
- Industrial regulatory and statutory
- Oil, gas and chemicals
- Agricultural services (field, food and IVA)
- Systems services and certification
- Wool testing services
We are a sustainable business, renowned for our integrity, transparency, honesty and reliability.
We look forward to helping you do business.